PET Travel Scheme
The PETS Travel Scheme has opened up a large part of the world to owners travelling with their pets.
As specialists in Pet Travel in Europe we can help you ensure you get it right. We check all documents prior to travel ,just to get it right.
Checklist for Travel
- At least 1 month before planned travel date have your pet micro chipped.
- Vaccinate your pet against rabies. The microchip must be scanned and the number recorded when the vaccine is administered.This may be one or two vaccinations. Minimum age for the rabies vaccination is 12 weeks .
- The owners and pets detail page must now be laminated by your vet.
- Your pet is eligible for entry into most EU countries 21 days after the final vaccination is given allowing you to travel on the 22nd day.
- If your Rabies Treatment consists of a two part primary course you can travel after 21 days,from the second treatment.
- Before entering the UK your pet must be treated for tapeworms. The treatment must be given between 24 and 120 hours prior to entry to the UK. The vet who administers this treatment will scan your pet's microchip and sign, date and stamp his passport.
- At check-in for travel he will again be scanned and documentation checked?
Rules as From 1 January 2014
From EU Member States and non-EU Approved Countries. These procedures should take place in the order given:
- Microchip pet
- Vet scans microchip and adminsters rabies vaccine
- EU Pet Passport or Official Veterinary Health Certificate issued certifying microchip and vaccination
- Minimum 21 days to have elapsed since the rabies vaccine was administered
The current plans are for the regulations regarding flea and tick treatment to remain in place. Please ensure that you have read the Defra documentation thoroughly and that your pet/s are fully compliant.
The rules are detailed on the Defra website
Pet Relocator have contacts with veterinary surgeries throughout mainland Europe who are familiar with the PETS scheme and are happy to offer any assistance.
IN THE NEWS....
UK - Spain - Uk
Trips to Spain and back for you and your pets
Chauffeur-driven trips for you and your pets to International Dog and Cat Shows
Collection and Delivery of your pets to and from European destinations
UK Animal Travel
Whether holiday or re-location, you and your pets can travel in style with our chauffeur service.